Job Opening at CLC: Member Relations Manager
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Member Relations Manager - Connecticut Library Consortium, Middletown, CT. Are you an avid fan of library services, preferably with an MLS degree and at least three years’ experience working in a library setting, and ready to put your library services passion and skills to use for the betterment of CT library users? If so, we would like to talk with you about our Member Relations Manager position!
Who we are: The Connecticut Library Consortium (CLC) is a statewide membership collaborative serving all types of Connecticut libraries by strengthening their ability to serve their users. We achieve our mission by initiating and facilitating cost-effective services, creating and supporting educational and professional development, and fostering innovation. CLC leverages "the power of WE" to save money and accomplish projects too large or costly for a single library. With over 800 library and school members, we help our members save, learn, and collaborate.
What you will do: As one of CLC’s Member Relations Managers, you will put your experience with and knowledge of libraries to use in these essential functions:
- Product Strategy & Customer Service – As one of our Member Relations Managers you’ll be a primary contact for inquiries and concerns from our members and prospective members about the library products and services they need, want, and already have. Your keen eye and savvy will proactively identify members who will benefit from CLC’s discounted products and services, and you’ll communicate their benefits effectively.
- Member Outreach, Support & Training – Through regular visits and communication with current members, you will actively solicit feedback and ideas for potential products. Putting your passion to work, you will apply your inquisitive nature, observation skills, creativity, and research skills to identify new products and services for our members. Once new products and services are added to the CLC member benefits list, you’ll use your knowledge of libraries to provide practical and effective product training for our members. Your attention to detail will enable you to ensure our members’ new orders and renewals are handled smoothly.
- Marketing & Promotion – Working with the Marketing Coordinator, you will team up to identify marketing opportunities and provide content for marketing materials. Travelling to trade shows, gathering feedback, and reporting on the results of marketing efforts are some of responsibilities to enjoy as you stay tuned in to new trends and possibilities for our members and their communities.
- Membership Coordinator – By managing the annual membership campaign, creating communications with the Marketing Coordinator, and visiting new and prospective members, you will be integral to growing our list of satisfied library customers.
- Reporting – Maintaining master membership lists and documenting member purchases and issues are important parts of regular reporting to the Executive Director and staff. Your mastery of organizing and synthesizing information will be critical to contributing to grant proposals and other reports as requested.
Knowledge and Skills you need: A bachelor’s degree is required. An MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited program is strongly preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience working in a library setting is required along with training/teaching experience.
- Strong knowledge of all types of libraries (academic, public, special, K-12)
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Strong public speaker & teacher; able to connect with audience of all sizes, ages & types
- Ability and willingness to learn and train others on library products and services
- Ability and willingness to learn new software programs and technologies
- Ability to translate problems into opportunities
- An intermediate to advanced understanding of computer systems such as email, internet, Microsoft software packages such as Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent team and “can-do” attitude
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborative work style
- Strong listener and observer
Travel - This position requires up to 35% of time out of the office attending meetings, visiting members, attending conferences or hosting training events.
Salary range: $49,500 – $58,000 depending on experience. 35 hour work week. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, and retirement savings plan.
Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com by February 15, 2017.
CLC is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V